Hi,

In Django queryset you can query PuzzleAnswer, filter by author (assuming
that is the user), order_by('created)' and return the created dates only:
values_list('created', flat=True). Then take the len() of that list and
check the [0] and [-1] entries for first and last date. The rest is date
math.

In general I try to keep the number of database accesses as low as
possible. A pre-calculated answer takes less resources to present than
calculating this over and over again, especially if you have many users. So
you could do the above and store the result in a new table every time a new
PuzzleAnswer has been added for a user.

Ramon