tl;dr check the encoding of your video

Disclosure: I'm no video expert.

I had a similar issue years ago. Back when the transition from flash video to
HTML5 was occurring. Your issue could have something to do with how the video
is encoded. One reason that services like YouTube and Vimeo are useful is that
they do the transcoding of the uploaded video. That way when users go to watch
the video it plays correctly in their browser or device of choice.

I'm assuming you're using HTML5 to play back a video. I would check the
encoding of your video and transcode it if the current encoding is not
compatible with the codecs supported by your browser.