My spanish is at a zero, but unless django started accepting lists for the
STATIC_ROOT settings, thats where the errror lies

could somebody tell the author to remove the square braces from the
STATIC_ROOT argument and also to rename the path to something else since
django doesn't accept for the STATIC_ROOT path to be included in the
STATICFILES_DIRS setting.