Oh this worked out beautifully! Not sure why it hadn’t occurred to me to call
super().__init__ before hand. And manipulating self.fields was the farthest
thing from my mind.

As for using ModelMultipleChoiceField - that’s ultimately what I went with for
the project, but I couldn’t let go of why I couldn’t figure this out. Lol
This is going to be handy in the future. I feel like I have leveled up!

Thanks a ton, Carles!