Hello,

I've found that each application should be specific in its functionality. How you organize it really depends on the type of project. A simple blog might only be one application. Our intranet site has 7, including a settings.py file, if necessary.

I think how coupled or decoupled you can make applications depends on the project. For example I have several applications that do very specific functionality, but all of them rely on a shared set of tables that I've grouped into a "Core" application. In the same project I have apps that are completely independent.

If you post more description of your project, I'd be happy to give you some suggestions.

Corey