I need to have the functionality of the admin addnew button to open a popup
and add new related object and then updated in the model combo field.

Also, the edit.

I find a good source that uses the javascripts of the admin module. I tried
it
It works in opening the popup and adding related object but not able to get
back to the original form and update the lookup of the field to include the
added record.

https://www.hoboes.com/Mimsy/hacks/replicating-djangos-admin/

I feel it is important to have this functionality in all our forms.

I want to understand how the javascripts works.

Rregards,
Nader Soliman