Hi, everybody!

I wanted to post about a little problem I have while developing multilingual site I'm working on.

I plan to include content in various languages, focusing on 3 at the moment: English, Spanish and Portuguese.

I have followed the docs on i18n and this are working great, except for one little detail. I'm not able to switch current language to Portuguese(pt) language, while I can change to Brazilian Portuguese(pt_br). I see that Portuguese(pt) locale does not exist in the framework, but does that prevent me from using it on my site?

Below are the appropriate settings I use in settings.py:

LANGUAGE_CODE           = 'en'

LANGUAGES = (
    #('de', 'Deutsch'),
    ('en', 'English'),
    ('es', 'Espa�ol'),
    #('fr', 'Fran�ais'),
    #('hu', 'Magyar'),
    #('it', 'Italiano'),
    #('ja', '   '),
    #('pl', 'Polski'),
    ('pt', 'Portugu�s'),
    #('ro', 'Rom�n '),
    #('ru', '      '),
    #('zh', '  '),
)

USE_I18N = True

MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES = (
    'django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.locale.LocaleMiddleware',
    'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware',
    'django.middleware.doc.XViewMiddleware',
)

TEMPLATE_CONTEXT_PROCESSORS = (
    'django.core.context_processors.auth',
    'django.core.context_processors.debug',
    'django.core.context_processors.i18n',
    'django.core.context_processors.request',
)

Has anyone working on Portuguese sites encountered the same problem? Should I use Brazilian Portuguese instead?

I'd appreciate some help with figuring out how to go about adding that locale to my site in simplest and sensible way.