Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me with this. I know this is not
angular group :P

*Requirement:* errors should be displayed just after the mat-label.

*Problem:* mat-error is always displayed below the matInput in angular
material theme. It doesnt matter in which order I write the markup, errors
are always displayed below the input.

*Solution:*
1. mat-errors need to be made inline in the css, I found the css code that
will make this change.
2. mat-error are always subscripted to matInput - I need help with this.
I want to understand how this happens in the framework and how to stop this
default behaviour.
I have looked into the source code, but could not find the code responsible
for this.

This change needs to be done project wide. Please suggest a solution that's
ideal.
One solution would be to extend the default angular/material directives and
make the changes in those and import extended directives instead of the
default directives.
Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

My code in theme pages
<mat-form-field>
<mat-label>First name </mat-label>
<mat-error *ngIf="signUpForm.get('first_name').hasError('required')"> is
required </mat-error>
<input id="name" matInput [formControlName]="'first_name'" />
</mat-form-field>

I think below code is the markup of errors
https://github.com/angular/components/blob/acb3f33413b92cc326f51a1db8b43e4a8094d745/src/material/form-field/form-field.html#L74
"_getDisplayedMessages()">
"_subscriptAnimationState">
<ng-content select="mat-error"></ng-content>

Regards,
Chetan Ganji
+91-900-483-4183
ganji.che...@gmail.com