On 03/03/2021 16.27, Devansh Soni wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently working on a Django project in which I have to create a User model with fields such as username, email, college, branch, semester, password, etc. And use this model to authenticate a user with an email and password.

How can I achieve this? Or what are the ways to achieve this?

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.1/topics/auth/customizing/
https://testdriven.io/blog/django-custom-user-model/
https://simpleisbetterthancomplex.com/tutorial/2016/07/22/how-to-extend-django-user-model.html
https://learndjango.com/tutorials/django-custom-user-model

There's tons of documentation and examples for doing that.

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup