On 13/03/2021 06.22, Azharul Islam Somon wrote:
> I have successfully run on my local matching. I start installing with
> "|pip install django-helpdesk| " and followed rest of the step and from
> https://django-helpdesk.readthedocs.io/en/0.2.x/install.html
> <https://django-helpdesk.readthedocs.io/en/0.2.x/install.html> but there
> is one error for "
>
> step 5 : Inside your |MEDIA_ROOT| folder, inside the |helpdesk| folder,
> is a folder called |attachments|. Ensure your web server software can
> write to this folder - something like this should do the trick:
>
> chown www-data:www-data attachments/
> chmod 700 attachments
>
> "
> In my project there have no file name |attachments And i am getting
> runtime permission error. I have added the error screenshot.
> |

> |Note: There is no file as name attachments for this reason i am not
> able to give permission.

It looks like you have configured your MEDIA_ROOT to point to
STATIC_ROOT or something like that. Either in your own Django
application or in the configuration of django-helpdesk.

STATIC_ROOT is not supposed to be writable, so that's why you get the error.

Ensure that you have configured your MEDIA_ROOT correctly and that
should most likely fix the issue.

Kind regards,

Kasper Laudrup