Thank Mike.  I am sorry for all this code but I am including it to show the
problem I can't resolve.  I have 3 apps, shipment, supplier, specie. This
is the models for them.

from django.db import models
from .models import Shipment
from django.utils import timezone

# Create your models here.
# A specie can belong to many shipments
class Specie(models.Model):
shipment = models.ManyToManyField(Shipment)
name = models.CharField(max_length=120, null=True)
image = models.ImageField(upload_to="species", default="no_picture.png")
created = models.DateTimeField(default=timezone.now)

def __str__(self):
return self.name
===================

from django.db import models
from .models import Supplier

# Create your models here.
# A shipment can have many species
class Shipment(models.Model):

supplier = models.ForeignKey(Supplier, on_delete=models.CASCADE)
slabel = models.CharField(max_length=10)
received = models.PositiveIntegerField(default=0)
bad = models.PositiveIntegerField(default=0)
non = models.PositiveIntegerField(default=0)
doa = models.PositiveIntegerField(default=0)
para = models.PositiveIntegerField(default=0)
released = models.PositiveIntegerField(default=0)
entered = models.BooleanField(default=False)
created = models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True)

def __str__(self):
return f"{self.slabel}"
======================

from django.db import models

# Create your models here.

# Supplier can have many shipments
class Supplier(models.Model):
name = models.CharField(max_length=120, null=True)
phone = models.CharField(max_length=15, null=True)
email = models.CharField(max_length=120, null=True)
created = models.DateTimeField(auto_now_add=True)
updated = models.DateTimeField(auto_now=True)

def __str__(self):
return self.name

the error I can't resolve is:
ImportError: cannot import name 'Supplier' from partially initialized
module 'shipment.models' (most likely due to a circular import)
(/Users/frankd/django_projects/tryit/src/shipment/models.py)

thanks again.