Hey Thanks for your reply.
I forgot to add the database url in the settings.py file. I added that and
it worked.

But I've got a doubt, now I would be working on local host and if I update
the models and execute the
"python manage.py  migrate" command, would the changes be reflected in the
database and heroku app or do I need to run the command "heroku .....
python manage.py migrate"  ?