On 1/19/07, rzimerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'd like to pass variable values from Django to client-side JavaScript
at page load time. Currently I've use Django's templating system to
dynamically rewrite the JavaScript code, such that the appropriate
values get set. But, is there a less hackish way? If it helps, I'm
already using MochKit.

So far, I've been able to get away with making code static, and
generating only data from the view.  I've been using
django.util.simplejson to toss python object data into a js block,
something like:

<script type="text/javascript">
var foo = {{ data }};
alert(data['bouzouki']);
</script>

Do you think you'll need to dynamically generate logic as well?