Does it have to do with : python setup.py install I did earlier for
Django 0.95 (using python egg).  I deleted the files, and checked out
the django dev verion.

>From IBM site:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-cppeak3.html

setuptools framework, a side project of the Python Enterprise
Application Kit (PEAK). setuptools replaces the standard distutils
library and adds versioned package and dependency management to Python.

Anyone, any help is greatly appreciated.