Increasingly we are finding the need to have reactive Django templates, in
order to present cross platform Django forms and pages to not only desktop
users buy also tablet, and mobile phone users.

We realize Bootstrap offers breakpoints as a means to control columns,
still we are looking for more direct ways of getting essential display
information including width, height, device type, and OS for taking control
of our own breakpoints where further customization is needed.

Is there a best practice, mature or fully cross platform method recognized
by Django users for gathering essential display information as required for
reactive Django templates?

And if not what are the most promising techniques other than Bootstrap for
Django developers in use for building reactive templates?