Hi!

I've recently upgraded an old Django app from Django 1.11 all the way up to
Django 4.0. Even though the app is pretty large, the migration went smooth
(or so I thought). However, when all tests passed and I deployed the app to
production, I saw that the response time of the app took a significant hit
(the response time for the 95th percentile went from about 300 ms to 900
ms, and the median from about 100 ms to 250 ms). I also saw that the server
CPU load had increased significantly.

I wrote some load tests and started downgrading Django. Now I've narrowed
down the problem to appear when I upgrade from Django 3.0.x to Django
3.1.x, with no other significant changes to my app code.

Is this something someone else has experienced, or does anyone know what
might be going on?

Are there any known changes that might increase CPU usage? In that case, I
could throw more hardware at the problem.

Any ideas, pointers or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Jonatan