On 15/05/2022 03.15, Wisdom Ugochukwu wrote:
I hosted a Django project on Name Cheap, it works well on development, but on going live I noticed image creation and update is not working
here is the error I'm getting! Please kindly help

/lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by
/home/aiteglbu/virtualenv/humanitiesmed/3.8/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PIL/_imaging.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so
  <http://imaging.cpython-38-x86_64-linux-gnu.so>)

Seems like you've somehow managed to use a version of PIL compiled against another version of glibc than the one running on your live system.

Hard to guess how you've managed to do that without any details but I might assume that you've simply copied you're virtual environment from development (running another, incompatiable glibc version) to production.

That's not the way to do it. Keep your requirements in a text file (requirements.txt) and setup a fresh virtual environment on your production system instead installing the requirements from that file.

Kind regards,
Kasper Laudrup