On 1/25/07, Benedict Verheyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For instance, here are my settings for logging:
> logger = logging.getLogger('stats')
> Or i should be doing this in the settings file and importing this in my
> files. But then again, i use utility classes and then those would have
> to import settings to be able to use the same logfile. That doesn't feel
> right.

After you've done this setup code in settings.py, this is all you need
in the other files:

import logging
logger = logging.getLogger('stats')
logger.error('hi there')

====

The logging module keeps a registry of loggers and associated
handlers; calling getLogger gets a reference to logger you already
configured with the handlers in settings.py.