So,

I put this at the start of my router.py:

import logging
logger = logging.getLogger(__name__)

I have never used that, but I hope it is right.

Then below at the app's router and the allow_migrate def I did this:

 def allow_migrate(self, db, app_label, model_name=None, **hints):
        if app_label == 'app_name':
            logger.info("case A")
            return db == 'db_app_name'
        else:
            logger.info("case B")
            return None

Then I returned to the shell and I also reverted to the previous migration.
Then I entered
python3 manage.py migrate app_name
Operations to perform:
  Apply all migrations: app_name
Running migrations:
  Applying app_name.0037_auto_20230406_1837... OK

Again I turned to phpymadmin and saw that neither the apps db had changed
or that there was an entry in app's db table for django_migrations. On the
contrary there was a new entry in the django_migrations table of the
default db.

Does this help?