Hello,
I am using windows machine to develop django project but now i want to make
my program run on WSL and keep the DB are running on host (windows
machine),

This mean the Django program inside WSL will try to connect to postgresql
on WINDOWS.

> $ cat /etc/resolv.conf | grep name
> nameserver 172.21.48.1

The NMAP show the IP and PORT are correct

> $ nmap -p 5432 172.21.48.1
> Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2023-05-31 15:26 +08
> Nmap scan report for WINDOWSMACHINE.mshome.net (172.21.48.1)
> Host is up (0.00049s latency).
>
> PORT STATE SERVICE
> 5432/tcp filtered postgresql
>
> Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.24 seconds

This are my setting-database

> DATABASES = {
> 'default': {
> 'ENGINE': 'django.db.backends.postgresql',
> 'NAME' : 'LMHOST',
> 'USER' : 'postgres',
> 'PASSWORD' : '',
> 'HOST': '172.21.48.1',
> 'PORT': 5432,
> }
> }

but the connection cannot be established. Here the output I get

> $ python manage.py migrate
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
"/home/robbi/.virtualenvs/DJANGO_VIRTUALENV/lib/python3.9/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/base.py",

line 289, in ensure_connection
> self.connect()
> File
"/home/robbi/.virtualenvs/DJANGO_VIRTUALENV/lib/python3.9/site-packages/django/utils/asyncio.py",

line 26, in inner
> return func(*args, **kwargs)
> File
"/home/robbi/.virtualenvs/DJANGO_VIRTUALENV/lib/python3.9/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/base.py",

line 270, in connect
> self.connection = self.get_new_connection(conn_params)
> File
"/home/robbi/.virtualenvs/DJANGO_VIRTUALENV/lib/python3.9/site-packages/django/utils/asyncio.py",

line 26, in inner
> return func(*args, **kwargs)
> File
"/home/robbi/.virtualenvs/DJANGO_VIRTUALENV/lib/python3.9/site-packages/django/db/backends/postgresql/base.py",

line 275, in get_new_connection
> connection = self.Database.connect(**conn_params)
> File
"/home/robbi/.virtualenvs/DJANGO_VIRTUALENV/lib/python3.9/site-packages/psycopg/connection.py",

line 728, in connect
> raise ex.with_traceback(None)
> psycopg.OperationalError: connection failed: server closed the connection
unexpectedly
> This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> before or while processing the request.

any clue on this? I have already tried disable firewall but still no luck

--
Regards
Robbi Nespu

PGP: D311 B5FF EEE6 0BE8 9C91 FA9E 0C81 FA30 3B3A 80BA