I am wondering if this is the best way of setting up a site to use SSL
for admin login.  If so then consider this a HOWTO.  If not, any
direction is appreciated.  (My motivation for posting is mostly that I
struggled until I realized that you need PythonInterpreter for you
mod_python configuration.)

We use LDAP authentication for admin access and want to use SSL for
the login.

We use different settings files for each virtual host.  The
settingsadmin.py file adds 'django.contrib.admin' to INSTALLED_APPS,
includes the appropriate MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES, such as
'django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware', and points
to a limited ROOT_URLCONF.

If you are using IP-based virtual hosts and the server name is the
same for each, it appears that you must set         PythonInterpreter
for each container.  (see http://article.gmane.org/
gmane.comp.apache.user/66248)

Excepted from our apache config:

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.210:80>
    ServerName our.site.com
    #...

    Redirect permanent /admin/ https://our.site.com/admin/

    <Location "/">
        SetHandler python-program
        PythonPath "['/var/local/source/django_src'] + ['/var/sites/
ourroot'] + sys.path"
        PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
        SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE our.settingspublic
        PythonInterpreter public
    </Location>

    #...
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.210:443>
    ServerName our.site.com

    SSLEngine on
    #...

    <Location "/">
        SetHandler python-program
        PythonPath "['/var/local/source/django_src'] + ['/var/sites/
ourroot'] + sys.path"
        PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
        SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE our.settingsadmin
        PythonInterpreter admin
        PythonDebug On
    </Location>

    #...