On Jan 30, 7:01 pm, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> There's some conceptual thing I'm apparently just not getting. I
> attempted to follow Doug's advice and came up with:
>
> [snip]
>
> Which appears to do the exact same thing I was doing before.

I may have misled you with the ordering of things in my post.  I think
it would go more like this:

def process_request(self, request):
    if (now - last_request) > 4 hours: # if the last request is over 4
hours old...
        last_seen = last_request # then that's when I last saw this
session
   last_request = now # update the last_request variable on each
request

Thus you have, "If the last request was over 4 hours ago, then that's
when I last saw this session, therefore I should update this session's
'last_seen' variable to be that 4+ hour old last_request.  Next, I
should update the 'last_request' variable to now."

Please apply a liberal amount of sodium chloride to this as I haven't
done this in the past and I certainly haven't coded and tested it.
But, from the psuedo-code above, it reads correct, I think.  :-)

Doug Van Horn
http://www.maydigital.com/  |  http://www.limapapa.com/