On 1/31/07, James Tauber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just got an unhandled exception error on my production site but
> didn't receive an email.

There are some cases where this will happen; for example, the code
which would send the email lives in the handler class, so if the
handler never gets fully instantiated before an exception pops up,
then Django has no chance to send an email or try to recover
gracefully. Generally, when this happens under mod_python you get a
blank white page with some pithy error messages from mod_python
itself, and under FastCGI you'll get errors out of flup instead of
Django.

Beyond that, I've seen plenty of weird interactions of spam filters
and other mail-oriented weirdness causes delays or even drop the
emails outright.