> The reason for my question is following:
>
> i would like to use a textarea which size is fix (rows/cols).
> The text who everybody write into, should not be longer as the given
> size of area.
> So...if the line ends, the text should break automaticly in the next
> line.
> And this line break should allready exist in text which i set to
> database.

Ahh, that would be a browser feature as you're talking about the
behavior of the textarea in the browser. From the server we don't have
any control over what the browser does (and different browsers may act
differently), except, of course, with javascript. Perhaps you could
write some javascript to get the browser to behave as you want. But
remember that some users may have javascript turned off. And CSS isn't
going to work in a textarea for linebreaks - well, it may cause the
data to display correctly, but it won't alter the submitted data.

So the only real solution is to accept the data in whatever format it
comes, validate it (and possibly reformat it) on the server before
saving to the db. I'd suggest overriding the save method and using the
textwrap module to reformat the text before saving.

--
----
Waylan Limberg