On 2/5/07, Lawrence Oluyede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried to set settings.DEBUG to True explicitly in the test case but
> nothing has changed.
>
> How do I get the debug page in the mocked test? Is it possible?

Not really. When you use Django to run a suite of tests, the test
runner forces DEBUG=False. This is done to ensure that what is being
tested is the behaviour that will be seen live when the site is
deployed.

The easist immediate workaround I can think of would be to write your
own run_tests method - a copy of django.test.simple.run_tests, but
with the DEBUG line removed.

I will openly admit that debugging Client.get() calls can be a little
unwieldy - I'm open to any suggestions on how to improve this area.

One suggestion that has been made is to allow exceptions to bubble to
the surface. This would effectively expose the contents of the Debug
500 page to the test cases. There is a ticket (#3162) which addresses
this concern - this ticket is on my to-do list to address in the
nearish future.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)