Hi, I know this isn't necessarily a Django specific problem but I am
using django to develop my system so here goes.
Basically I am making a system for a football team (soccer for you
americans) and can't seem to get my head around a way of possibly
doing it.

I've left out some of the other stuff I don't need but what I'm trying
to model is:

Team (e.g. Senior Team 1st's, U7's etc)
Players which belong to a team/squad
Squad (which consists of players that are part of a team e.g. Senior
Team)

The confusion I am having is around the team/squad situation.

A team (say Senior Team) Isn't just one "team" it is a set of teams
e.g. Senior Team 1st's, Senior Team 2nds etc.

I don't want a player to be replicated but if they belong to a team
they also need to belong to the squad. (I hope I'm making sense)

For instance the situation below:

ManchesterUtd 1st Team consists of players (lets say paul scholes, rio
ferdinand, wayne rooney, christiano ronaldo)
The squad includes every player who no longer belongs to the youth
academy (obviously alot of players possibly up to 100)  But the team
is picked from the squad.  And if a player from the 1st team (wayne
rooney) was recovering from an injury or wasn't playing well he could
be dropped to the Reserve Team.

I am unsure of how to model this without having wayne rooney belong to
the 1st team, and have a duplicated one in the second team?

Any help is very very much appreciated.

Duncan