On Feb 11, 7:06 am, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The goal is to be able to publish
> a unique uri for a file that can be accessed via a web page, ensure
> that the user is authenticated and permissioned for that uri, then let
> them download the file.

I've been trying to evaluate solutions for a similar problem for a
while now.

At this point the only flexible enough solution for me seems to be one
where I would use a very simple CGI scrip written in C (so that the
startup overhead is minimized) that quickly checks the permissions and
streams back the output accordingly.

The CGI script could extract the location of the file and validate the
permissions from one or more encrypted parameters passed to it, or it
could do a database lookup on its own.

Istvan