No need to do it in Dkango --- you should add more rewrite rules in
.htaccess (see http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Django for details):

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/stats/(.*)$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/failed_auth.html$
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [L]

It will take care of /stats URL. If you use some additional stat package
like Advanced Web Statistics, you can add it too (assuming it is
installed in /aw66):

RewriteRule ^(aw66/[a-zA-Z\-]+/.*)$ - [L]

Thanks,

Eugene