On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 23:26 +0000, omat * gezgin.com wrote:
[...]
> Another thing is that, if there are multiple patterns matching the
> same view function, it seems like, only the first match is considered.
> Lets say the artist_photo function has an optional "id" parameter
> which defaults to None and below is the patterns pointing that
> function.
>
> (r'^photo/(?P<slug>[-\w]+)/$', views.artist_photo),
> (r'^photo/(?P<slug>[-\w]+)/(?P<id>\d+)/$', views.artist_photo),
>
> In that case,
>
> {% url views.artist_photo slug=something,id=someint %}
>
> fails to match anything, where we can expect it to match the second
> pattern.

While this particular example can obviously be fixed to work around that
problem, this looks like a real bug. Would you mind to file a ticket,
please, so that we don't lose this information?

I'm wondering whether it's just a problem with the url tag or (possibly
more likely) a problem with the reverse url resolving, so it will affect
the permalink() decorator as well.

If you could file a ticket, we'll have a look at this

Regards,
Malcolm