For a while now I've been annoyed with the fact that, while it's
relatively easy to build and advertise a complete Django application,
it's relatively hard to advertise smaller pieces of useful code; there
are tons of things in the "Cookbook" section of the wiki and on
people's blogs, but it's almost impossible to keep track of them all.

Hopefully, that will soon fade into memories of "that's what it was
like in the old days", because today I've launched djangosnippets.org,
a site whose sole purpose is to make it easy to post and share useful
bits of Django-related code.

I "soft" launched this earlier today by telling people at PyCon about
it, so we've got a little bit of content in there now, but if you've
ever done some cool little trick that made your life easier, I hope
you'll come by, sign up for an account and post it for all to see, and
help the site fill out :)

http://www.djangosnippets.org/

(and, of course, the code behind the site is all available under an
open-source license; see the "about" page for instructions on how to
get it).