I'm running django with Apache/mod_python and serving media through
lighttpd. I have only one IP address, so lighttpd is running on port
8081, but some of my clients are behind firewalls that block ports
other than 80.

I'm planning to ditch Apache and run everything with lighttpd under
FastCGI, but I'm not ready to do that just yet just yet, so I'm
wondering if I can use mod_proxy to make it look like the media is
being served on port 80.  My guess is that would defeat the purpose of
having separate servers, but I thought I'd check.

TIA,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting