On Mar 2, 5:49 pm, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I keep getting the following error when i syncdb
>
> raise ImproperlyConfigured, "Error loading psycopg2 module: %s" % e
> django.core.exceptions.ImproperlyConfigured: Error loading psycopg2
> module: No module named psycopg2

It looks like you don't have the psycopg2 package installed.  Psychopg
lets Python talk to the Postgres database and it's what Django uses
when your settings file has database engine set like:

DATABASE_ENGINE = 'postgresql_psycopg2'

To check if it's installed you can go in to Python and do:

import psycopg2

If you get an error, it's not installed.  I use Ubuntu and Debian, so
I installed using apt-get python-psycopg2.  If you're using Fink,
there's probably a package for it.  Alternatively, download and
install.  Once installed you should have a psycopg2 directory in
Python's site-packages.  In my case this is at:

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/psycopg2

Scott