I riffed off those directions and the Zyon's code, but I found that the
Zyon's code really didn't help me that much - I think it was written to an
earlier version of the openID libraries from Janrain.

Anyway, I used the request.session and a store built in to Postgres for my
implementation. Determining how I want it to work with already extant ID's
has been the biggest quandry.

Where is it failing for you?

The gist of starting the processing in my code looks like:

oidconsumer = consumer.Consumer( store= getStore(), session = request.
session)
            try:
auth_request = oidconsumer.begin(openid_url)catch a bunch of potential error
conditions...
 return_to = "%s/openid/processlogin/" % (trust_root,)  redirect_url =
auth_request.redirectURL(trust_root, return_to) print redirect_url return
HttpResponseRedirect (redirect_url)