Thanks! I put the function just in the file of one of the models (it
is used for handling the signal) and it worked perfectly.

I just came to an idea that the pre_init and post_init signals could
be used to extend contributed models without modifying their files.
The question that cames to my mind is: How to attach an attribute,
property or method to an existing Python class? Any examples or
directions?

Regards,
Aidas Bendoraitis [aka Archatas]