Pehraps I'm doing something wrong here.  I should mention I am using
the multiple-database branch, so perhaps it's a bug...but thought I'd
check if my syntax is correct.

I'm trying to trim down the data returned from a query to speed things
up, as I only need three fields for this particular piece.

My code is:

        userids = list([(field.user_id) for field in userroles])
        if len(userids) >0:
                allobligors =
UserInfo.objects.filter(user_id__in=userids).values('user_id',
'first_name','last_name')
        else:
                allobligors = None

        if allobligors:
           obligors  = [(obj.user_id, obj.last_name + ", " +
obj.first_name) for obj in allobligors] ## errors on this line
           noneobj = ('','')
           obligors.insert(0,noneobj)
        else:
           obligors = [('','')]

( This works without the .values clause... all the properties are
correct )

The error I'm getting is:
          dict' object has no attribute 'user_id'