On 3/9/07, ashwoods <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> with so many choices, you dont really know where to start :(
>
> things like i would like to do.
>
> 1) update the contents of a div element with the content fading out
> and in (news on the first page)
> 2) select form elements that populate depending what the "parent" form
> element was chosen
> 3) when i click on a link in a row of a table, change the rows height
> and load some data and a picture.
> 4) "live search"
>
> id say pretty simple stuff. but where should i start? prototype, mojo,
> mochi, and thousands of others.
> what would you recommend, those of you who have experience? :)
>
> i must also say that i actually don't enjoy coding in javascript :)
> traumatized when trying to write cross browser javascript 8 years ago.

I've not much javascript experience myself, but when I needed to learn
a bit, I found Mochikit to be a good fit. The main reason for that is
that it's written in a *very* Pythonic style. I'm a long time Python
guy, so that felt natural to me.

It doesn't have nearly as many visual effects as some of the other
kits, but they're slowly adding them. And I *think* it works well with
Dojo, if you need to build fancy visual stuff on top.

Jay P.