I have some scripts that run tasks and use Django DB models. They have
been running an hour late today after all the DST changes (here in the
US). I've traced it down to any call to Django is shifting my time
back an hour (like it was before this weekend's shift).

So the time as reported by time.time() and datetime.datetime.now() are
both correct _before_ this call:

  task = Task.objects.get(pk=opts['--taskid'])

where Task is a Django DB model. But immediately after this call both
time.time() and datetime.datetime.now() return a time an hour earlier
(after formatting using strftime).

I'm running under Windows 2003 Server (patched for DST and verfied
that the OS is patched). And I have TIME_ZONE set to 'EST5DT' in my
Django settings file.

I've tried manually setting the TIME_ZONE variable using
django.conf.settings.configure so it wouldn't effect the
os.environ['TZ'] setting, but then all python time seems to be based
as UTC, not New York time.

Has anyone seen anything similar? Can someone suggest a fix or at
least a quick workaround?

Thanks,
-Dave