Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had added a web services client to django. Ie when
a user makes a request, it is processed by django and then a web service is
invoked and the results send back. Has anyone developed any frameworks or
apps which do this? How can I deal with invocations/jobs which take a long
time i.e several hours, and still enable the user to come back later and
view the result of the job from the web service. Would I have to create some
kind of job manager within my models to allow this and spawn a thread to
deal with the web service stuff.

I know this is a design question, but I have little experience of
programming this kind of thing and I want to have a good design in place for
this (to stop me hashing code together in a couple of weeks). The big idea
at the end is that my django site would act as a portal to web services and
manage their jobs.

Many Thanks in advance

Nathan