Hi guys!

Sorry for the newbie question here, but I've looked around and
couldn't find the answer... So, here's the problem: say I've got two
models and a database that look like this:

EMPLOYEE                     DEPARTMENT
==========                   ============
employee_id                     dpt_id
first_name                        dpt_name
last_name
department_id

So, the employee table references the department table many-to-one.
Thus, say an employee changes deparment and I want to keep track
historically of all the changes, how would I design it? I've tried
creating a many-to-many table , but it didn't work. Again, sorry if
it's too basic and I realize that this is more of db design experience
than a django per se, but I'm stuck....

Thanks and best,

Gustav