> >   I realize now that signal do not preserve it (I guess that are run in a
> >   different thread, correct?)
>
> What do you mean by "preserve it"? A signal dispatch is just a series of
> function calls. They happen in the same thread as whatever does the
> dispatch.

I mean that I find the user in _thread_locals wen I work with
managers, but python complains
the user is not in _thread_locals when the 'receiver' is run, so I
desumed it's becouse is not
run in the same thread. You thing this is wrong?

I never played with thread and never studied how django uses them. Do
a listener listen to signals emitted also in other threads than its
own?

> >   In particular, I send e-mail every time a ticket is opened, but would like
> >   to set the e-mail of the sender for a replay.
>
> In this particular case, isn't the email of the sender is stored in the
> ticket somewhere? Why can't you pull it out from there?

No. I don't talk about the person that submitted the ticket but the
people that worked on it,
sometimes it is in a field of the ticket sometimes not. The problem is
more general: is it possible to send to the receiver some more data,
that are only known the moment the signal is sent?

 sandro
*:-)