Thanks.

The problem is that I then have to record this for each person, and
for each question....
if I can find a lightweight way of doing this (in terms of my LOC, as
well as server activity) that would be better.

I thought that perhaps a cookie, which got deleted at the end of the
session would be better (doesn't matter as much if they got to remark
it next session).

Matt