On 3/24/07, Ivan Sagalaev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Not related to your question, but this is called 'template' in Django.
> 'View' means a different thing (a controller).

Well, Django doesn't really have anything that strictly matches the
"controller" aspect; even Martin Fowler in his writeup of the MVC
pattern admits that controller/view separation isn't always useful :)

> I'm sure someone will suggest something less scary for a beginner but I
> can now only come up with such a custom template tag:

This is pretty much what I'd do (and what I've done in several
situations); given that this is a common situation it might be useful
for us to bundle an easy way to build if-style tags, much like the
simple_tag and inclusion_tag decorators.