Aren't you duplicating information with the newforms, violating the
DRY principle? What I mean is, aren't we separately creating most or
all of the same fields for a form as for the model whose data will be
bound to the form? Why can't a form be instantiated automatically when
passed a model (maybe with flags for which fields are enabled)? Or
better yet, bind the form to a model (or model instance), which would
at all times keep the form fields in sync with the model. You could
have a parameter for each model field like form=True or whatever if
that field should be included in a form.

Maybe I'm not correctly understanding the relationships here though,
or missing something. Sorry if that's the case, I am new at Django,
but so far I love it.