On Tue, 2007-03-27 at 19:39 +0000, Mario Gonzalez wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2:13 pm, "James Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Also, keep in mind that writing a 'process_view' method instead will
> > give you access to the view function the URL resolved to, and will
> > execute *before* the view function is actually called. That might be
>
>   I changed and I've got the same name '_wrapped_view'. I think I must
> going to include the resolv() rutine inside my code. I'm not sure but
> I believe wrapped_view it's something like a pointer.
>
> class AuthorizedMiddleware(object):
>
>     def process_view(self, request, view, args, kwargs):
>         return HttpResponse(str( view.__name__ ))

This is a known mini-problem and something we need to / will sort out
prior to 1.0. There are a *lot* of places in Django that wrap views up
and then expose them to the world. Once you get used to the idiom, it's
not a bad way of programming, although it does make your brain leak out
your ears sometimes trying to work out who is actually doing the real
work. The drawback of this approach is that it's hard to get access to
the underlying function.

At the moment we try to remember to fill in most of the details on the
wrapped object, but this isn't always possible (for example, the
__name__ attribute of a function is read-only in python 2.3). One
solution that has been proposed is to include the third-party decorator
module in Python, which takes care of a bunch of that work. There's been
no firm decision on that yet, but it's something we will deal with prior
to 1.0 -- I think it's practical that we should be able to get a firm
decision made on almost every existing open ticket prior to 1.0 that
isn't a "some day maybe" enhancement request.

Regards,
Malcolm