On 3/29/07, IvanK <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm just now starting a django project, but I've used rails for quite
> some time now, and they have an extremely awesome templating system -
> haml (http://haml.hamptoncatlin.com/) - every other templating
> language seams pitifully ugly by comparison, just take a look at it!
> Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has gotten around to implement this
> with python/django?

Not explicitly - but don't let that stop you.

Django has its own template engine, but if you don't like the Django
templates, and there is a python parsing engine for HAML, you can use
HAML instead in your own projects. Just call the HAML engine instead
of the Django template engine in your views.

As for official support for HAML in Django - well... I wouldn't hold
your breath. We quite like our template format as-is.

Yours,
Russ Magee %-)