On Mar 29, 2:26 pm, "Milan Andric" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> But in the dev environment I can see pretty well that the view is
> functioning very quickly.  So your hunch about the problem lying in
> the templates is probably right.

If you aren't seeing the slowdown on your dev server, then you
shouldn't be seeing a slowdown on your production server either.  Is
your dev database loaded with the same amount of data as production?
When you say that the view is functioning very quickly, do you mean
the time from request to page render?  If so, the template is already
getting run and is probably not your problem.

> Let me know what you think.

In your view, I think you can take this code:

f = newforms.form_for_model(PresentationEval)
f.base_fields['presentation'].widget = widgets.HiddenInput()
f.base_fields['application'].widget = widgets.HiddenInput()
f.base_fields['topic_rating'].widget =
widgets.Select( choices=PresentationEval.RATINGS)
f.base_fields['substance_rating'].widget =
widgets.Select( choices=PresentationEval.RATINGS)
f.base_fields['expertise_rating'].widget =
widgets.Select( choices=PresentationEval.RATINGS)
f.base_fields['relevance_rating'].widget =
widgets.Select( choices=PresentationEval.RATINGS)
f.base_fields['overall_rating'].widget =
widgets.Select( choices=PresentationEval.RATINGS)

out of the loop, as it is just constructing the form class that will
be used to instantiate your pForms instances.

Gary