I use two registration forms one for clients one for vendors.
Depending on form used I would like to assign the user to a group.

How do I use new_user.groups.add('Client')

Below is my code that does not raise any errors but also does not add
the user to the group.

=====  CODE =====
def register(request, success_url='/accounts/register/complete/'):

    Context::
        form
            The registration form

    Template::
        registration/registration_form.html

    """
    if request.method == 'POST':
        form = RegistrationForm(request.POST)
        if form.is_valid():
            new_user =
RegistrationProfile.objects.create_inactive_user(username=form.clean_data['username'],

password=form.clean_data['password1'],

email=form.clean_data['email'])
            new_user.groups.add('Client')
            return HttpResponseRedirect(success_url)
    else:
        form = RegistrationForm()
    return render_to_response('registration/registration_form.html',
                              { 'form': form },
                              context_instance=RequestContext(request)
                             )