Wow, what luck!  I've been having a sporadic "" problem, and I've just
resigned myself to spending today to try to debug it.  Searched the
group for exact error, found nothing, refreshed, and saw this post in
top slot!  Kismet.

Jeremy, I'm not sure I understood your last post well enough.  Could
you explain?  I have code that goes like this:

file: cart_models.py
class Cart(object):

file: views.py
from myproject.cart_models import Cart
cart = Cart()
request.session['cart'] = cart

I also have several other examples where I instantiate a model object
or another object and then add it to something that later gets added
to the session.

Is what I'm doing "monkey patching"?  What does "monkey patching"
mean?  How am I making it difficult for the pickling functions to
figure out my "type name"?  What should I do to fix it?

Is it possible that running svn update on my directories and
restarting Apache without deleting all of the old compiled *.pyc files
first is the "monkey patching" that screws up my server?

Thanks so much,
Mae