>def add_edit_model(request, id=None):
>   if id is not None:
>        instance = MyModel.objects.get(id=id)
>        InstanceForm = MyForm(instance=instance)
>    else:
>        InstanceForm = MyForm()

>    if request.POST:
>        form = InstanceForm(request.POST)
>        if form.is_valid():
>            form.save()
>            return HttpResponseRedirect('/whatever/url/')
>    return render_to_response('template.html', {'form': InstanceForm})

I looked at this previous posting that showed the proper way to
construct add/edit newForms.  I got most of it working, but I am
having trouble saving the edit form.

The line of code  "form = InstanceForm(request.POST)"  doesn't make
any sense.  The InstanceForm was already created so how can you pass
POST information to it again?  When I use this method I keep adding
new items when I really only want to update a current item.  Is there
some other way to pass the POST information to an instance form which
is already created?