johnny wrote:
> What I want to do is set HTTP Error manually in my view, when a
> request is made to certain url, without post data.
>
> At a particular url, my view is looking for XML document to be sent
> over http, by post.  If a request come in without post, I want to
> raise an error "405 Method Not Allowed".  How do I do this?

In fact 405 doesn't mean "post without data", you should answer 405 if
you receive anything except 'POST' in HTTP method. This is done by a not
very well-known decorator:

     from django.views.decorators.http import require_http_methods

     @require_http_methods('POST')
     def your_view(request):

I think your app should react on an empty POST as it does on any invalid
XML document. I mean just get request.raw_post_data and send it to a
parser as you (presumably) do now. It doesn't matter if it has '' or
'some garbage' there.